TTCCI 2016 AGM was held on 20 November 2016. The President Annual Report and AGM photos are presented as follows.
THE TOWNSVILE CHINESE CLUB INC. (TTCCI)
PRESIDENT ANNUAL REPORT 2015-Jan/Jun2016
Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank the elected committee and the committee members who were appointed when vacancies occurred. They are: Pat Peh, Meelynd Hung, Stephen Marr, Lily Cui, Holly Horne, Fanny Wong, Leigh Turner, Neville and Cindy Smith, Alan Liang, Bruce Li and Sandi Robb. We also had Cameron Mikic who we sadly lost in Feb 2016. These wonderful people in our financial year from January 2015 to June 2016 carried out their responsibilities with care, energy and skills. This report will attempt to summarize TTCCI’s activities and progress over the last one and a half year.
- FUNDRAISING: We organized a number of fundraising events. These events included the Chinese New Year Dinner and the Bunnings Sausage Sizzles. The 2016 Chinese New Year Dinner held on 10 February at Capitol Regent Chinese Restaurant in Cannon Park. The Dinner attracted about 220 people. It brought in a profit of $8,391. The Bunnings Sausage Sizzles generated a profit of $652.
- GRANT APPLICATION:
- We received $10,000 from Regional Art Development Fund for the production of Dragon O’Wa. The official launch of Dragon O’Wa was held on the 3rd of June 2016 and attracted more than 200 participants.
- We applied for the Townsville City Council’s Mayor’s Community Assistance Fund and Festival and Event Grant. We were awarded $500 by the Mayor’s Community Assistance Fund to ship the lion for our lion dancing, which was donated by Foshan artist Mr Luo Zhiqi, from China to Townsville. We also received $2,720 by the TCC’s Festival and Event Grant for 2016 Chinese New Year celebrations.
- We received generous donations from local business and our members. The Westpac Bank donated $2,000 for our 2016 Chinese New Year Morning Celebration. The Capital Regent Chinese Restaurant donated $500. Satay Mar Chinese Restaurant and Panda Chinese Restaurant donated $200 each.
- We received 3 lion head and associated performance equipment from Foshan City.
- INVITED EVENTS: We were invited to participate in Luxlumin, the digital projection festival and received $3,000 for our lion and dragon dancing, Taichi and Kungfu Fan performance. We were also invited to join the T150 Pacific Festival parade.
- MEMBERSHIP: Our financial members now number 143, increasing from 90 at the end of 2014. It is delighted to see that we have attracted new members from Cairns. Membership fee s is our important source of revenue, so we urge you to pay the membership of $15 for individuals, $30 for families and $5 for students.
- FEATURE EVENTS: Apart from our signature event—the Chinese New Year celebration, we organized a number of feature events where our members shared lunch and joys together. These events included the Dragon Boat Fest, Moon Festival and Christmas Party. We also organized the Healthy Ageing Program. We organized a senior bus trip to North Shore. A bead making program has been also run as part of the Healthy Ageing Program.
With the great work of our committee and wonderful support from our members, TTCCI have achieved financial success in 2015 and 2016. On 31 December 2014, we had a loss of $941. On 31 December 2015, we had a profit of $3,362 and on 30 June 2016, we achieved a profit of $5,502! Well done, TTCCI!
Dr Joe Leong is our Patron and I wish to pass on my thanks, and yours, to him for his wonderful efforts in all areas of TTCCI.
Lastly I want to pass on my gratitude to you, the members of TTCCI. Thank you for your wonderful support! Without your great support, we could not achieve what we have achieved.
Dr Wendy Li
TTCCI President Annual Report 2016